If you haven’t, don’t feel as though you are alone. I didn’t even know of its existence until approximately two months ago. Now that I know all about it, I am hooked! I am on Periscope all day, every day and I love every minute of it. I can’t recall how I initially discovered Periscope. I am sure that someone must have mentioned it on Instagram or Facebook. Otherwise, I would not have been aware of it. Until recently, I have not been very savvy about social media. Believe me when I tell you that I went kicking and screaming all the way to Instagram and Twitter. Now, I interact with those platforms on a regular basis AND I actually enjoy it!
|Access Periscope from your mobile device for connection and inspiration at any time, from any place.|
If you haven’t had the experience yet, Periscope is an application (app) that you can download on your mobile device. You can also visit the website for access- www.periscope.tv. People from different walks of life are using Periscope as a platform to build their businesses or brands, connect with others, and learn more about a variety of topics. There is, virtually, something for everyone on Periscope.
Periscope has been my way of keeping up-to-date with the world of education. There are a host of talented and well informed educators and Teacherpreneurs on Periscope to learn from. Being able to access Periscope on your cell phone means that you can listen, learn, laugh, and be inspired at any given moment. I often catch up on any videos that I have missed during the day by using my Blue Tooth to listen through my car radio speakers.
So….. Who am I watching? I watch so many different people, but here are a few that would be great starting places for you if you are new to Periscope. Simply search for these amazing people.
For the latest information on…
- Teachers Pay Teachers– watch Jessica, The Whimsical Teacher.
- Building an EduEmpire and being a happy and healthy teacher– watch Sheila Jane Teaching.
- Knowledge on both business and fitness– watch Chalene Johnson. Not sure who Chalene Johnson is? Are you sure you don’t know? Have you heard of Turbo Jam or Piyo? If you answered “Yes”, then you know who Chalene Johnson is. Her business Scopes (what we call the videos that are aired) are the most popular, but I love to watch her workout Scopes even more.
- Mastering social media, particularly if you are a woman- view Scopes by Amanda Tress
- Learning more about literacy for children– watch Scopes by Jen Jones of Hello Literacy
You’ll be Periscoping in just 3 easy steps. First, download the app. Then, select “Scopers” to follow. Now, listen out for the whistle that indicates that someone you are following is broadcasting! It’s that simple. Let me know what your experience is like with this up-and-coming platform. Share your thoughts and experiences with me in the comment section.