Hi! I am Tania N. Davis. I’m a proud Florida State University Alumni! Go, Noles! I have a Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education and an Specialist in Education Degree in Instructional Media and Technology. I have had many amazing experiences over the course of my 17 year teaching career. Most of my years were spent teaching Kindergarten. Honestly, teaching Kdg has saved my career on many occasions. Not everyone can teach young students. That reality has been my saving grace. Currently, I am teaching First Grade, but I also spent three years in Second Grade. I love all three grade levels, however, I think that teaching Second Grade is my absolute favorite.
I am so glad that you have discovered my blog. I love sharing teaching ideas, my experiences, and resources with you! Teaching is one of my passions and gifts. I think that you will be able to get a sense of that from my social media posts. I am passionate about children’s literature, cultural diversity and cultural responsiveness, building tight-knit, familial relationships with my students, and about building my students’ self-esteem and confidence. Most often, I wake up excited about the day ahead in my classroom. I genuinely hope that you feel that way, as well. If not, perhaps we can support one another so that you can achieve, or maintain, that same joy.
Here are 10 facts that you might not have been able to guess about me:
- I am originally from South Florida. The sight of palm trees sends peace to my soul.
- I was the First Senior Co-Captain of my high school football cheerleading team.
- I have a sheer weakness for chocolate ice cream with nuts!
- I am a Whole 30 success story. My health improved drastically after completing this program. Currently, I am in a state of maintaining my healthier lifestyle.
- I love roses, but tulips might be my absolute favorite.
- My favorite color is red.
- I often buy items that I think are really beautiful and then never use or wear them. “They are too pretty to use!” I know…. That’s insane!
- I am positively terrified of FROGS!
- I cannot sleep without socks on my feet. I’m not 100% sure why this is, but it is.
- Two of my teeth are not real! I won’t tell you which ones. LOL
Please take a look around my blog. I hope that you will find many posts that will encourage or inspire you! Feel free to shop any of my time-saving, cross-curricular, and easy prep resources. You can find them in my Teachers Pay Teachers store, Teach Me T.
I am so glad that you stopped by. Don’t forget to sign up for my Newsletter!